Getting back in the saddle – it feels good.
It’s been quite a journey over the last few years. Things are finally coming together now I am fully recovered from my hip operation so that I’m able to find focus this year.
I have stepped up a gear since April once Chris, my other half came on board. He now works on my business 2 days a week. Already we’re reaping the benefits. I’ve been trying to do too many things for too long. That has sucked the life out of the creative side. Consequently I couldn’t get away from the feeling I was wading through mud, never making any progress. Head space for creative output has finally returned.
Since April, Chris has helped me launch my new range of greeting cards. They are now in several outlets from the Scottish Borders to Havant in Hampshire and growing. The outlet in Havant came as a direct result of my cards being in the Biscuit Factory.
The cards are now available on the following outlets:
- Here on my website in packs of five. Cards to the trade are sold individually – a minimum order of 50.
- Waterstones (near Greys Monument in Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Blackwells Book Shop on Percy Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
- The Biscuit Factory – Newcastle upon Tyne
- Gourmet Gifts, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne
- The Priory Art Gallery – Tynemouth, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Delight & Wisdom – Corbridge, Northumberland
- Cogito Books – Hexham, Northumberland
- Coldstream Gallery – Coldstream, Scottish Borders
- The Flat Cat Gallery, Lauder, Scottish Borders
- The Spring Arts Centre, Havant, Hampshire
It’s been wonderful having Chris join me. His practical and moral support is making such a difference. He has also been discussing with potential customers and suppliers some of the many, many ideas I’ve had over the years to bring some focus to the ones worth concentrating on.
We recently had a very productive meeting with a team from Northumberland National Park which was followed by a meeting with someone from RTC North. What I really enjoyed in both cases was how Chris and I make a great team. It can be tricky when husband and wife work together especially when one joins in late in the day. So far it’s been a really positive experience … in the main.