Print & Stitch - Collagraphs & Textiles
SATURDAY, SUNDAY & MONDAY
May 27/28/29th, 2017 | 10:00 -16:00pm |
Group size: 5
All materials and a delicious two course lunch
Light, spacious, well-equipped print room.
How to pay:
Click on the 'Add to shopping bag' above or email to make a 50% deposit. Balance due one month before the course starts.
5 in stock
Print & Stitch – Collagraph & Textiles
The ‘Print & Stitch’ workshop will use collagraph printmaking to print onto fabric. This will form the basis for a free machine and hand embroidery stitched finished piece. The theme – abstracted landscapes. The three days will be made up of demonstrations by your two tutors that will then be followed by opportunities to have a go yourself.
- Make a collagraph plate.
- Use a variety of collagraph techniques. These include scoring and tearing the top layer of card; gluing textured wallpapers and tissue; using PVA with and without carborundum to create a textured plate.
- Print it in one colour onto fabric and/or paper.
- In the morning – print in two colours onto fabric and/or paper.
- In the afternoon – begin working into the print from day 1 applying sheers, velvets and metallic fabrics.
- Stitch using free machine embroidery and/or hand embroidery
- Gradually add more layers of fabric and stitch as appropriate To the print from Day 1
- Begin to use fabric and stitch to develop print from Day 2.
I will teach the printmaking element of the course. Michelle Kinniment will be teaching all machine and hand embroidery techniques. You are not required to have previous printmaking or embroidery experience. You will make slightly quicker progress if you have some experience, using a sewing machine in free machine embroidery. It is by no means essential. If it is always something you were keen to try, this is your opportunity.
Category: BOOK COURSES HERE.
Tags: 1-2-1 tuition, carol Nunan, Collagraph, collagraphs, colour, course, courses, creative courses, creative workshops, handmade print, handmade prints, hexham, Northumberland, Ono-to-one tuition, original print, print, printmaking, printmaking course, printmaking courses, Prints, studio access, workshops.